Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Diving In

I have always loved knitting and learning new techniques. It seems that I almost have something on the needles and another project waiting to be started for a friend or family member. Over the years I've sold pieces here and there but never really dove in to selling. As my knitting and creativity with it has gotten better and better I've dove in and opened an Etsy store. There isn't a whole lot of items posted as of yet but more are being added as they are made. I don't mind doing custom orders but in the mean time I'm knitting new projects all the time and can't wait to share them with everyone.

Recently I decided to try my hand at sweaters. The first one was knit in pieces and while the pattern was absolutely adorable, I HATE seaming. The sweater turned out very cute but because of my lack of seaming talent I'm not proud of how the top of the sweater looks. All the knitting looks perfect though.


As you can see it looks great. The collar of the sweater is what caught my attention in the pattern.

Once I added the sleeves by hand sewing them in it just looked too bunched up and bulky where it shouldn't.
 
I started looking through comments on this pattern and to my excitement I saw that there was a way to knit sweaters without ANY SEAM WORK. Raglan sweaters are now my go to. I'm almost finished with my third sweater this month. The more I dive in the more I'm seeing how many different possibilities there are and my daughter loves being the test fit for each idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment