Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Custom Fit Raglan

My current work in progress is a custom fit raglan for my daughter. Again she's the test subject for a new pattern. This pattern is great because it's knit from the top down, allowing my daughter to try it on as I knit.

I'm keeping the knit very basic for the first go at it, making notes for changes along the way. Keep your eye out for custom sweater orders in the KnitsNFrillyThings shop.

For those of you other knitters that also want to try a raglan sweater that you can design on your own you can find the instructions at Ravelry for the The Incredible Custom-Fit Raglan. It walks you through step by step on how to take proper measurements and how to plug them into the chart to achieve the right size you are wanting. Some of the instructions are vague and it took me a couple times of casting on and ripping my work to get it right but the pattern does work.

Feel free to ask any questions about the pattern here and I would be more than happy to try and answer them for you or direct you to someone who can.



No comments:

Post a Comment